After doing some measuring up I realised that the 240Z ARE dry sump pan, fitted to my Datsun spirit engine, won’t clear the cross member on the Skyline GC10. I seem to be finding more jobs than I am ticking off at the moment. Luckily, although the body was off at the paint shop, i had the cross member and a spare engine block to template up and design a new dry sump pan. The pan itself is a relatively straightforward design so we had the main flange laser cut and then we arranged with Dave (one of the fabricators) to produce the pan from the drawings. It is great to be able to do these sort of projects in house as in the end we turned it around really quickly and was all bolted up on the engine, ready for me to install it…..Another job added and another job ticked off = back to where I was! But with a cool new fabricated dry sump pan.